Tuesday, June 7, 2011

latest obsession, confessions of a sew-a-holic

Meet my latest obsession...sewing baby quilts!!

I'm a fiend for it. Every spare moment, thats all I want to do at the moment. I ran into a friend of mine on the street and she is having a baby in October so I thought here is my chance. I got the fabric that day and had finished it off by lunch time the next day! (This lovely lady already has twin girls by the way...!)
I am pretty excited at how good it turned out. So good infact that I am finding it hard to hand it over...I know, I know just hand it over already, I don't even have a baby. But its so lovely! How cool is the fabric?
I liked it so much that I used the scraps to make another one for our friends who had a baby 2 days ago.
Now I am on to my third, for my bestie from high school who is having her first baby in a couple of months. This one I am breaking out my much coveted japanese fabrics I picked up in Osaka...ooooohhh! Its gonna be good, little fishies good!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing effort. I especially like the purple fabrics. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey great quilt!! Baby quilts are so satisfying cos they are so quick. Your fabrics are great. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a pretty quilt! I can understand why you want to make more!

    ReplyDelete