Monday, January 20, 2014

Taking Stock


I nabbed this from Pip at Meet me at Mikes who I think nabbed it from Kate at Foxs Lane.....! So thanks ladies I think its a fun thing to do for the start of the year, especially seeing as it feels like a slow start for me. I am trying though (that hideous heat wave really did set me back a few days, no air-con. Ew. So ew, like ew in the depths of hell ew. I had to cover the cat in a frozen towel ew, the heat fried my brain I couldnt even remember my pin, ew. Unless you hair a cool place to sleep at night there is NO reprieve from the heat. No sleep = crank factor through the roof.) I started exer-ma-cising again and I bought a nifty journal to keep by my bed to write down pesky thoughts and snippets of dreams. 
So huzzah for me. Doing stuff and the like.
Here we go:
Making : Cardboard models for a public art project thing i am applying for
Cooking : curly pasta with pancetta, broccoli, fetta and salt and pepper
Drinking : peppermint tea
Reading: the golden finch...again!
Wanting: a ute
Looking: at utes
Playing: brain training games on my phone
Deciding: this is the year ‘i go pro’
Wishing: for a glass commission to come my way
Enjoying: eating hot cross buns with mums home made raspberry jam
Waiting: impatiently for trains to take me home
Liking: hanging out with my husband for breakfast dates
Wondering: if i will ever make it to having long hair
Loving: my new studio space
Pondering: why it is that i am such a terrible baker
Considering: learning japanese
Watching: girls
Hoping: that this is my year for an aust co grant
Marvelling: at the bat highway
Needing: a new book to read
Smelling: my cat (he smells a bit dusty)
Wearing: scarves to disguise my horrible hair (grow damn you, grow!)
Following: ant trails in the kitchen
Noticing: my hands are like my mums
Knowing:
Thinking: i would like to read gone with the wind
Feeling: sore in the legs from my first run in awhile
Admiring: people who walk their own paths
Sorting: out all the junk on the fridge
Buying: a new journal to keep by the bed for pesky thoughts/ideas/junk
Getting: to know new friends better
Bookmarking: waffle recipes!
Disliking: not having enough time in the day
Opening: windows to let the breeze in
Giggling: at jokes we used to tell as kids
Feeling: hopeful
Happy New Year little birds, maybe this is the year we fly the nest?


Also, BIG news... I'm about to launch my website!!
Lookit I'm telling the truth!




EXCITING

2 comments:

  1. What about knowing?
    I know this year is going to be another biggie for you.
    I can just feel it.
    I hope you find a ute.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! i cant believe i missed that one!! must have struggled with it, how about knowing that i am a good guy at stuff? thats always a fav. and how about this? just bought a ute!! all my dreams are coming true!!

    ReplyDelete